When you’re thinking about making a meal, cooking and plating seem to be the two things everyone has in mind, what we all tend to forget, is that someone needs to clean the dishes afterward too. At this point, most of your family might go “Not it!” and you may have to wash the dishes on your own.
This can be remedied with a dishwasher, just let it do the work, right? But what if you have the same water pressure that Kylie Jenner’s shower has? A regular dishwasher won’t cut in in that case, you’re going to need a dishwasher that’s made for low water pressure.
OUR TOP 3 PICKS!
- Makes virtually no sound
- It is very Quite
- It comes with a child lock
- Easy to setup
- Easy to install
- Can clean itself
- Has a child lock
A modern dishwasher that is designed to work with low water pressure would function as if you have a geyser in your backyard. Sounds like a dream doesn’t it? We’ve compiled a list of the 8 best dishwashers for low water pressure so you can make sure you get one that’s perfect for you!
8 Best Dishwasher For Low Water Pressure
|Danby||DDW1804EBSS||56.2 pounds||22.81 x 17.69 x 32.5 inches||View on Amazon|
|NOVETE||TDQR01||34 pounds||16.86 x 16.75 x 18.05 inches||View on Amazon|
|HOmeLabs||HME010033N||44 pounds||21.6 x 19.6 x 17.2 inches||View on Amazon|
|Farberware||FDW05ASBWHA||44.8 pounds||17.3 x 16.5 x 17.3 inches||View on Amazon|
|BLACK+DECKER||BCD6W||46.2 pounds||19.6 x 21.7 x 17 inches||View on Amazon|
|Danby||DDW621WDB||46.3 pounds||19.69 x 21.65 x 17.24 inches||View on Amazon|
|SPT||SD-2224DW||43 pounds||21.65 x 19.69 x 17.24 inches||View on Amazon|
|Farberware||FCD06ABBWHA||63.8 pounds||21.7 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches||View on Amazon|
1. Danby 18 Inch Built in Dishwasher
The first one on our list is the Dany 18 Stainless Steel Dishwasher.
- Smart Wash System: With its smart wash system, it becomes one of the best options for you if you’re looking for a dishwasher for low water pressure. It’s not just called “smart”, it can actually make decisions, which let’s be honest is better than most people.
- Scheduled Cycles: You can set it on a schedule. You could have all your dishes pile up during the day and just set it to wash them at night. It’ll also automatically detect how dirty the dishes are and how intense the wash cycle needs to be and adjust everything accordingly. This way, you don’t waste any water or electricity so all of your bills stay low and your dishes are all clean exactly when you need them!
- Sanitisation: Keeping in mind the global pandemic, most of us are looking for ways to make sure everything we touch is completely clean. This dishwasher also comes with a sanitise option where it washes the dishes with scalding hot water so they’re nice and sanitised when they come out!
Compact: One thing we have to mention though, this is somewhat of a pro and con, depending on the type of house you live in. Since this is meant to be a compact dishwasher, it only takes up 18 inches of room. However, this also means that it won’t hold as many dishes as a regular dishwasher.
The con isn’t that big though because you could just run multiple cycles throughout the day if you feel like it isn’t big enough for all your dishes.
- Great for small spaces and families.
- Automatic detection of cycles, less work for you.
- Scheduling – You don’t even have to be there for the cycles!.
- Might be a little too small if you use a lot of dishes.
- Can’t load a lot of 12” plates.
Overall great for people that want a no fuss dishwasher that’s smart but doesn’t take up a lot of space!
2. NOVETE Portable Countertop Dishwasher
If you thought the last dishwasher was small, well, this one’s about to blow your mind. Say you live in a tiny New York apartment where every square meter counts.
- Compact: The NOVETE Compact Countertop Dishwasher has a maximum height of 18 inches. That’s tall enough to fit on most countertops even if you have cabinets right above them. It’s designed for homes that are trying to do the most in the limited space they have!
- Easy Installation: Since it’s a best countertop dishwasher, there’s zero installation. Just take it out of the box, put it on your countertop and plug it in! If you get deterred by products simply because they sound like a pain to assemble, this one might be your best friend.
- Great for Low water pressure: One of the best features of this is that it’s a dishwasher meant for homes with low water pressure, in fact, you can even use it if you don’t have access to a water outlet to connect to a dishwasher! This is because unlike traditional dishwashers, this one has its own water tank. You simply fill it up and it’s ready to wash dishes no matter where it is!
- Efficient Water Usage: Speaking of the water tank, when you wash dishes by hand, you use around 30 litres of water. The NOVETE countertop dishwasher, does the exact same load, in 5 litres instead! you save a ton on water bills!
- Quick Cycles: Finally, since this is meant to be compact and for small families, it obviously won’t hold a boatload of plates but each cycle in this dishwasher is 29 minutes long so you could still get lots of dishes done fairly quickly even if you run it through multiple times.
- Doubles as a storage cabinet: With this, there’s another interesting feature. You can even use it as a tiny storage cabinet by leaving the clean dishes instead because it’ll continue to circulate hot air for 3 days!
- Zero Installation makes it a temporary appliance that you can store away if needed.
- Low water bills.
- 29 minutes per cycle only.
- Can use it as a cabinet.
- A little too small for families.
- Might have to get strategic with plate placement/ Not as easy to load as a regular dishwasher.
This is a dishwasher that would probably work in any type of home. It doesn’t even need to be permanently sitting on your countertop and you can easily bring it out whenever you want to use it. Making it great even if you live in a dorm!
3. hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher
If compact dishwashers tickle your fancy, there are lots of options for you!
Compact: hOmeLabs is a company that has really focused on making great dishwashers even for those homes that deal with low water pressure. This countertop dishwasher stands at 17.2 inches tall, that’s tiny enough to easily fit in any type of living space, even a dorm room!
This, like the NOVETE, one, is meant to be used by smaller families, but if you follow the instructions of setting up the dishes in this properly, you’ll find that you can fit a lot more in there than you’d think, and of course, there’s always the option of running multiple cycles so there’s that too.
- Lightweight: With this one though, the easy installation and the fact that it’s super lightweight, only 44 pounds, you could even whip it out whenever you need to do the dishes and just tuck it away when it isn’t needed so it takes up no space at all!
- Small but powerful.
- Very easy to move around because of how light it is.
- Doesn’t use a lot of water
- Pretty basic, doesn’t have any type of smart features.
For people that aren’t super hung up on wanting all the fancy features, this one is a great option. It still gets the job done while being super small and doesn’t even rack up the water bill!
4. Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Portable Countertop Dishwasher
If the regular “smart dishwashers” aren’t smart enough for you, this one might be.
Baby Mode: Anyone who’s ever been a parent knows how stressful life can be when you’re responsible for a tiny human’s survival. One of the hardest things to do can be trying to make sure that their bottles and everything are fully sanitised and clean at all times.
Most people do this by washing their things by hand and boiling water to do it. This sounds easy enough but not when you have a baby crying in the background like a fire alarm.
This dishwasher does all the dishwasher things, but in addition, it has a “baby mode”. You can throw in all of your baby’s bottles, pacifiers and anything else they might get in their mouths and the dishwasher will wash it at high temperature and dry it before it even comes out! So they’re ready to be used right afterwards!
Super Small: It’s tiny frame and built in tank allows it to be put anywhere, your kitchen or even the nursery, depending on the type of use you need out of it. Whether you need to wash 12 inch plates or your baby’s bottle, it can wash them for you!
- Fruit Wash Basket: One of the features that make this dishwasher so unique is that it even has a fruit wash basket. You can just throw your fruits and vegetables in there and run the cycle, they’ll be ready to serve as soon as they come out!
- Great for new parents.
- Small enough to fit in a nursery.
- Can even wash fruits for you.
- Built in water tank.
- Might not work as well for larger families.
- Strategic placement required for a full load.
If you’re just one or two people in the house, this could work well for you. Otherwise this dishwasher is a lot better for people that have babies or young children.
5. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W 6 Place Setting Compact Countertop Dishwasher
When you’re thinking about a compact countertop dishwasher, you might think that it’s going to be difficult to load it up properly, especially if you’re talking about fitting dinner plates in there.
Compact yet easy to load: Although it stands at only 17.2 inches tall, they’ve made it in a way that makes loading it up super easy. The utensil basket is removable, so you can literally load it somewhere else and then put it in the dishwasher. This is also great if you want to put the dishes in the basket throughout the day and just put them in the dishwasher at the end of the day to be washed easily!
Silent: One of the best features about this dishwasher is that it’s silent, like, really silent, throughout the washing cycle. The only time you hear anything is when it’s done and the water is being discharged. So no one’s going to wake up to the noise of dishes being washed!
Scheduled cycles: If you have a set time that you like dishes done everyday, you can even set it up to wash them 24 hours in advance and just load it up throughout the day! It’ll do everything automatically!
- Easy to hook up to the faucet: The only downside with this one versus the other one’s we’ve mentioned is that this needs to be plugged into a water source, it doesn’t have a tank of its own. Although this is pretty minor for people that do have the space to have their dishwasher permanently sitting on the counter at all times.
- Super easy to load.
- Makes virtually no sound.
- Can set it to wash dishes at any point in the next 24 hours.
- Has to be permanently hooked up to a water source.
- Annoying to move around all the time.
If you’re looking for a dishwasher that you can easily bring out everytime you want to wash dishes, this one might not be for you. Since you have to hook it up to a water source, it’s probably going to be annoying to bring it out several times a day. However, if you do have the counter space and a water source to keep it connected all the time, it would work very well!
6. Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher
If you’re someone that doesn’t really care for all the super fancy features, but still want a modern, easy to use dishwasher, this one might be the one for you!
Easy to use: The first thing about this that we like is how there aren’t any complex controls that you need to have your glasses on and a pet robot next to you to figure out, it’s literally just three buttons! Once you get a hang of using it, you could even start the cycle with your eyes closed! I.e before you’ve had your morning coffee maybe?
Easy connect: Even though this one doesn’t come with it’s own tank, it’s still super portable. You can still put it away until you need to use it because of it’s quick connect feature. You can simply put it next to your faucet and connect it directly to it! That’s all it needs!. Also take a look at Best Faucet for Portable Dishwasher
- 6 Different wash modes: We do have to mention here that the ease of use doesn’t mean that it’s only got one mode. It still has 6 different wash programs so you can use the one that fits your needs!
- Anyone can use it, the controls are very simple.
- Easy connect makes hooking it up to a water source very convenient.
- Use whichever wash cycle you want according to the load.
- Might be too simple compared to the others in the same price range.
This is the dishwasher to get if you want a simple dishwasher that gets the job done. Unless your goal is to go for one with super fancy features, this one would be just fine!
7. SPT SD-2224DW Compact Countertop Dishwasher
Sunpentown is the company that makes heavy duty dishwashers that most restaurants and commercial businesses use in their kitchens.
Compact: For homes like that, Sunpentown has made a tiny, 17 inch version. This one doesn’t even need to sit in your kitchen all the time. Just prop it up on a countertop whenever your dishes are due for a wash!
Delay cycles: It comes with a timer system where you can set it on Delay start to turn on after 2,4 or 6 hours so even if you’re not around to turn it on, it can do the dishes on its own!
Full panel control console: This dishwasher has a full panel control console, which lets you customise your wash cycle according to the type of dishes you have loaded up at the time. There are 7 to choose from so there’s a lot that you can do with this!
Easy Installation and multiple water modes: The easy to set up system lets you connect it to any regular faucet. Even if you’re in a house with extremely low water pressure, it can adjust it according to the dishes inside and work flawlessly! Better yet, if needed, it even has the ability to heat up the water and wash those pesky oily dishes perfectly too!
- Sleek design: it’s sleek design makes it look super cute in the kitchen and since it doesn’t have the “window” view of the dishes, no one has to see the dishes until they come out of it looking all brand new!
- Small enough to fit in any home.
- Multiple wash modes.
- Can heat water too.
- Easy to install.
- Has to be connected to a water source at all times.
This one is especially good for the people that don’t like to see dirty dishes loaded in the dishwasher. The design is sleek enough to match most modern and traditional kitchens alike and the best part is that it automatically heats up water to wash oily dishes, something most compact dishwashers can’t do.
8. Farberware FCD06ABBWHA Compact Portable Countertop Dishwasher
Looking for something tiny that packs a punch?
- Easy to Install.
- Multiple wash cycles.
- Has a child lock.
- Can clean itself.
- Doesn’t have its own water tank.
This is an “all in one” type of a dishwasher. It would work well for almost every type of home and it’s packed with features for those who want the most out of their dishwasher. If you’re fine with dedicating a water source to it, it can be a great addition to your kitchen, even if you can’t, the easy connect feature helps set it up whenever you want, in no time!
With all of the information about each dishwasher out of the way, you might find yourself confused about which one is the best one for you. They all sound similar yet so different! This is where you come in. No one knows which dishwasher would work perfectly in your home except for you! There are a few things you need to ask yourself before you make your decision.
First thing’s first, if you have low water pressure, it automatically takes away most of the regular dishwashers off of your list, thankfully, all the ones we’ve mentioned here are designed to work through low water pressure without a problem.
With that being said, if your water pressure is extremely low, you would definitely do better with a dishwasher with it’s own tank. This way there’s no question of your home’s water pressure, even if you don’t have any running water, extreme case but still, it will still be able to wash the dishes with ease!. More you can read about water pressure requirements here.
Not everyone has a massive kitchen with lots of space to put appliances in. You need to figure out how much space you can lend over to a dishwasher. If you have a lot of space, you could go for any type of dishwasher. If you don’t, that’s when things get tricky.
If you can at least set aside about 25 inches of space in the kitchen, you could go for a countertop dishwasher that always sits there. If even that seems like it’s too much, go for one you can easily tuck away when it’s not in use!
If you’re looking for a dishwasher that washes a specific type of dish, let’s say, baby stuff. You need to make sure that your dishwasher actually has a cycle for that. The good thing is that most of the ones on our list here have the “baby things” cycle so you should have lots of options to choose from!
Is the dishwasher supposed to be loaded a specific way?
Yes! Even though a lot of people just wing it when it comes to loading the dishwasher, there’s actually a specific way to load dishwashers. That being said, every dishwasher is different. Go through the manual yours comes with to check what the recommended placement is for yours, that’s the only way to make sure that you get the optimal cleaning you’re after!
Is it necessary to use dishwasher detergent or can I use any dish soap?
It.is.essential that you use dishwasher detergent while using the dishwasher. These are made specifically for dishwashers and don’t have as many suds as regular dish soap does. If you put regular dish soap in instead, you might get soapy dishes at the end of the cycle that you’re going to have to rinse yourself all over again. Also, you may also have a live action version of the cartoon scenes where the dishwasher overflows and floods the entire house, and no one wants that!
Is there anything that shouldn’t go in the dishwasher?
General rule of thumb, only put things in the dishwasher that specifically have the label “dishwasher safe” on them. If it doesn’t have the label, it probably shouldn’t be in the dishwasher. If it has the non dishwasher safe label, listen to it and don’t knock it and decide it’s strong enough to withstand the cycle, it’s not, put it down and just hand wash that one.
When water pressure is an issue for you, the main thing you need to keep an eye out for with a dishwasher is if it comes with a tank. A dishwasher like that will need no running water and it’s just easier to deal with over all. Just fill it up, turn it on and you’re done! You don’t even need to hook it up to anything!
Other Related Articles: